Katie Kinsley joined the JLDOC in 2012 in order to get involved in her community and meet other women who share her interests. She has served on the Extra Hands and Kids in the Kitchen committees since joining.
Now on Event Planning, Katie says she has really enjoyed planning the Annual Dinner most recently: “It’s one of my favorite events because we bring our families, enjoy the beautiful May weather on the lawn, and give recognition to special League members.”
Katie encourages new members to get involved and attend as many events as their schedules allow. She says, “The more you put into it, the more you get out of it!”
Here are some fun facts about Katie:
- Occupation: Stay-at-home Mom
- Family: husband Hank and son William (15 months)
- Favorite restaurant in Durham or Orange County: Nantucket Grill on Fayetteville Road (free cake nights on Tuesdays and Saturdays!)
- Best book you’ve read recently: Preparation for Parenting: The Original Feed-Wake-Sleep Reference Guide to Nurturing a Newborn (Along the Infant Way), by Gary and Anne Marie Ezzo (read if you want your baby to sleep through the night!)
- Best movie you’ve seen recently: The Girl on the Train
- Favorite sports team(s): Dallas Cowboys, New York Rangers, and New York Mets
- What do you like to do for fun? Try new recipes, go for long walks with William in the stroller, and meet up for playdates. I watch Jeopardy every night with my husband because we love trivia and can’t go out as much these days!