Mollie Williams is an experienced Junior Leaguer who currently serves on the BINGO Committee. Mollie joined the Junior League of Miami in 2009 as a way to give back to her community while she was home caring for her newborn son. She transferred to the JLDOC in 2014 and has served on the Extra Hands, Bargain Sale, and now the BINGO committees.
Mollie’s true passion was working with Therapy Dogs in Miami. When her cocker spaniel, Mack, became certified, Molly and her pup joined up with “Paws to Read.” The organization sent owners and their dogs to local libraries where they worked with kids to help them overcome their fear of reading. Sweet Mack, who passed away last May, served as a therapy dog for 6 years.
Here are some fun facts about Mollie:
- Occupation: Mom of two active children and part time interior decorator.
- Family: Husband Adam, Parker (almost 9) and Lily 6
- Favorite restaurant in Durham or Orange County: Rue Cler
- Best book you’ve read recently: When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
- Favorite sports team(s): After living here for 3 years – DUKE!
- What do you like to do for fun? I like the outdoors and I especially love hiking in NC.
Stop by BINGO on March 8th to say hi to Mollie in person!