Jaronda Ingram is the JLDOC Training and Development Vice President. She is leading the charge to build this new Council and in doing so draws from her experience as chair of the Membership Enrichment committee. Jaronda joined the League in 2013 to learn more about Durham and to serve her community.
Jaronda quickly moved into leadership in order to have a voice in the future direction of the League. Leadership allows her to serve the community in a more strategic way. She urges League members to be mindful that “just because things are done one way doesn’t mean it’s the only way to get them done.”
Her favorite League experience has been doing Extra Hands that benefit children, and anything at the Museum of Life and Science. How does this consultant and mother of a toddler maintain balance? “I set aside the same time period each week to work on League activities.”
Here are a few things you might not know about Jaronda:
- Family: married with one toddler
- Community involvement outside the League: Community Mentor, Meetup admin for Mocha Moms
- Favorite restaurant in Durham or Orange County: Pomegranate Kitchen
- Best book you have read recently: TBD (see above: toddler!)
- Best movie you have seen recently: Minions
- Favorite sports teams: Carolina Panthers! and SEC football: Georgia and Auburn
- What do you like to do for fun? Make things! Paper crafting was my gateway drug.
Jaronda, thank you for making time to serve the League!
Photo credit: http://www.seasons4photos.com/