Impact of COVID-19
If you are aware of opportunities (i.e. school age children food drives, financial assistance programs, etc.) to help our local community during this time, please share those opportunities with email@example.com.
- The Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina is working with local partner organizations to assist with food for school children, the elderly and low income individuals.
- The Durham Public Schools Foundation is also collecting money for student needs.
- PORCH has compiled a list of food pantries accepting drop-off donations.
- Urban Ministries of Durham has an Amazon Wish List.
- There are on-campus food pantries at Duke, UNC, and NCCU.
- Durham Tech has a Campus Harvest Food Pantry.
The JLDOC has always been committed to membership development and community impact, which is why we hope you’ll check our Continuing the Conversation page to find resources and information that will help each of us continue our education on the topics of diversity, equity, and inclusion.