The Junior League of Durham and Orange Counties (JLDOC) is currently accepting Applications for League Partnerships.
In April 2015, the JLDOC membership voted to take on Healthy Living, with a focus on Access to Healthy Food. For additional information on the JLDOC focus area, please visit our website . By joining our more than 200 JLDOC volunteers with dedicated local community partners, we seek to increase Food Access in our community.
If you seek support for programs that benefit and support our food access focus for families in Durham and Orange Counties, please review the requirements for consideration and process timeline to learn more about the application process.
Please complete the online application by July 10, 2020. Notification of acceptance will be sent no later than July 20, 2020. The JLDOC’s Community Council chairs and Issues to Impact Committee will review applications for alignment to the JLDOC focus.
NOTE: If selected, a league partner may receive volunteers only OR may receive a combination of volunteers and funding.
If you have questions regarding the application or process, please email the Issues to Impact Committee at HealthyLiving@JLDOC.org .
Feel free to contact us to discuss your project or if you question whether your proposal fits within our criteria.
Requirements for Consideration
To be considered, applying organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Be a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit
- Have a local board of directors
- Be located in Durham County or Orange County
- Request volunteers
- Submit a completed application by July 10, 2020
Applications will be evaluated by the following criteria. The program proposal must…
- Identify clear goals and objective
- Address community need directly related to JLDOC focus area, “Access to Healthy Food”
- Include volunteer service
- Serve residents in Durham County and/or Orange County
The volunteer request for JLDOC members must…
- Provide opportunities for quality community impact
- Provide opportunities outside of the traditional work week, including evening and weekend volunteer opportunities
- Directly support the program proposed
- Include orientation/training for JLDOC members
- Take place primarily during the more active part of the League year (September 2020 – May 2021)
The funding request must not exceed three and one-half percent (3.5%) of the JLDOC’s yearly revenue.
Applications will NOT be considered if…
- They are incomplete
- Include only requests for funding (and not requests for volunteers)
- Funding is requested for any of the following purposes: general fund, fundraising, capital campaigns, individual requests, travel expenses, salaries, stipends, political activities or religious purposes.
|July 10||Applications are due.|
|July||The JLDOC will acknowledge applications by July 20, 2020.
Community Council chairs and Issues to Impact committee will review all applications and present recommendations to the JLDOC Board to determine finalists.
|July and August||Issues to Impact committee members and JLDOC Board members will conduct site visits of application finalists.|
|August||JLDOC membership will vote on finalists. JLDOC will contact organizations about selection.|
|September||JLDOC will present partnerships to JLDOC membership.|
- JLDOC volunteer preferences:
- evening opportunities (6pm-10pm)
- weekend opportunities
- daytime (9:30am-12:30pm) opportunities
- working with other volunteers
- training and development opportunities